Pears in Marsala
- 4 semi-ripe Bosc pears, peeled and cored
- 4 pitted dried prunes, softened in Marsala
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff each pear with a dried prune and stand in a Dutch oven type casserole. Pour in the water and the Marsala. Sprinkle with sugar. Add lemon rind and cinnamon stick. Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until pears are fork tender but holding their shape. Baste the pears occasionally with the cooking liquid.
- Transfer the pears to dish. Transfer the liquid to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Place each pear in a dessert dish or in a goblet. Pour some of the cooking liquid around each one. Garnish with a lemon curl and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2301.
No comments on this recipe.