Pears Poached in Sagrantino Wine / Pere al Sagrantino
- 4 pears, ripe but not mushy, washed, peeled and cut in half lengthwise and cored
- 1 bottle Sagrantino wine
- 3 tbs tablespoons honey or sugar
- pinch salt
- Zest 2 large oranges
- Put the pears cut side down in a single layer in a large stovetop pan.
- In a bowl mix the wine, sugar or honey, salt and zest together and pour the wine over the pears to almost cover them.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the pears are tender and the wine is syrupy. Allow the pears to cool to room temperature. Serve with some of the wine sauce poured over them.
No comments on this recipe.