Peas Florence Style / Piselli alla Fiorentina
Peas are one of the first delights in my garden and I like them small and almost raw in cooking. In Tuscany they are prepared with a finely diced prosciutto.
- 4 cups shelled fresh peas (about 2 1/2 pounds )
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces diced prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Put the peas in a pot with the olive oil, garlic, parsley, and salt. Add just enough water to barely cover the peas and cook over medium-low heat uncovered for no longer than 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the prosciutto and sugar and cook 1 minute longer.
- Serve the peas with some of the cooking liquid.
No comments on this recipe.