Peas with Mint / Piselli con la Menta
Peas with ginger and mint is a versatile vegetable dish to go with meats, fowl, or fish. Barely cook the peas to maintain their shape and texture. A great springtime dish and a nice change from ordinary peas with butter.
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size saucepan and stir in the ginger; cook stirring occasionally until the ginger is fragrant and begins to brown slightly. Stir in the peas and cook about 2 minutes, coating them well in the oil. Off the heat, stir in the mint; season with salt and serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1713.
No comments on this recipe.