Pepper Molds / Timballi di Peperoni
- 4 INGREDIENTSlarge red sweet peppers, stem tops removed, peppers cut in half and seeded
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- DIRECTIONSPreheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the pepper halves skin side up on a foil lined broiling pan and broil the peppers until the skin is black. Cool, then peel off the charred skin. This step can be done a day ahead of time.
- In a bowl beat the ricotta cheese with the eggs, salt, and nutmeg until it is light and fluffy. Fold in the basil and cheese.
- Brush 4 1/2-cup ramekins with olive oil. Line the ramekins with the peppers, leaving a 1-inch overhang. Fill the center with some of the filling and fold the overhang over the filling. It does not need to cover the cheese mixture completely.
- Set the ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake them for 30 to 35 minutes. Run a butter knife around the inside edge of the mold and invert each ramekin onto a serving dish. Garnish with a basil leaf and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1610.
No comments on this recipe.