Pickled Vegetables / Sottaceti
- INGREDIENTS2 1/2 cups cut up mixed fresh vegetables, such as:
- Sweet bell peppers
- Pearl or cipolline onions
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each whole mustard seed, celery seed, cloves , fennel seed, allspice, and peppercorns
- 8 Several new canning jars with lids, eitherorounces or quart size
- Have a pan of ice water ready.
- Be sure all vegetables are free of blemish and cut into uniform size, about 1-inch pieces.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1616.
No comments on this recipe.