Quick Oven-Fried Fish
This is one of my favorite ways to serve “fried fish” for Lent without all
the work, grease and smell. Albeit it is not an Italian recipe, but good
nevertheless and a nice change from the monotony of Lenten fare.
- 1 pound haddock
- 1/4 cup milk
- 25 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Cut the haddock into serving size pieces and arrange them in a baking dish in a single layer. Pour the milk over the fish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Brush a 9 x 12 -inch baking dish with olive oil or olive oil spray. Set aside
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Drain off the milk. Put the cracker crumbs in a plastic zip lock bag. Add
- the fish pieces a few at a time and coat them with the crumbs. Place the
- fish pieces in a single layer in the baking dish. Pour the butter over the
- fillets and bake about 8 minutes or until the fish easily flakes with a
- fork. Remove the fish from the oven and sprinkle on the lemon juice. Serve
- A good side for this would be roasted plum tomatoes with cheese and
- breadcrumbs and a quick saute of spinach. Happy Lent!
No comments on this recipe.