Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza - Episode 2119
Makes two 12 to 14-inch diameter pizze
- 3 cups unbleached King Arthur flour
- 1 packet Pizza Crust Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons )
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place 1 cup of flour in a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the yeast, water, salt, honey and olive oil and mix until blended. Add remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead it with your hands for a couple of minutes. Use a bench knife to divide the dough in half.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F if using a stone (insert stone on lowest oven rack before preheating).
- Otherwise oven temperature should be at 375°F for baking on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Place each dough piece on a sheet of parchment paper and roll or pat out each piece with your hands into a 12 inch diameter. Place the dough on the parchment on the baking sheets or place on a pizza paddle if using the baking stone. The paddle allows you to slide the pizza with the parchment onto the stone.
- Top with your choice of toppings and bake on the stone for 10-12 minutes or on the baking sheets for 15-20 minutes or until edges are brown and bottom is crusty.
- Variation: Add 1/3 cup toasted hulled pumpkin seeds to the dough when you knead it.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2119.