Red Pepper Spread
Try this delicious red pepper multi-purpose spread or dip for your next party. Use it to top bruschetta; use it to mix into hot rice or as a sauce for rigatoni or spaghetti. This delicious combination can be made 5 days ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
- 2 pounds red banana peppers (about 6 large) or red bell peppers, washed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ cup whole shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained plus 1 tablespoon of the oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and roast them until the skins start to blacken, turning once during roasting.
- While the peppers are roasting, pulse the garlic and nuts in food processor until the mixture is coarse.
- Cool the peppers then remove and discard the skins and core. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a paper towel.
- Chop the peppers coarsely and add them together with tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and hot pepper flakes and pulse to combine the mixture. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salt.
- Makes 1 ½ cups
No comments on this recipe.