Ricotta Cheese Omelette / Frittata con Ricotta
Many times I watched my grandmother Galasso take a scoop of fresh ricotta and fry it in olive oil and butter. When it was a light golden brown, she sprinkled black pepper and a little salt over it, and it became lunch with a piece of homemade bread. I make a frittata with eggs and cheese.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 1 1/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a bowl with a wire whisk, beat the eggs and grated cheese until fluffy. Add the ricotta, parsley, salt, and pepper and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the butter until hot. Pour in the egg mixture and cook over medium heat until the bottom of the frittata starts to set.
- Lift the edges of the frittata with a spatula and let the uncooked top mixture run underneath. Continue cooking until the top is not runny.
- Place a flat dish or round pizza pan larger then the skillet over the top and invert the frittata onto it. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Slide the frittata back into the skillet and cook the remaining side until set. Turn it out onto a serving dish and serve immediately, cut into wedges.
This recipe was featured on Ricotta Cheese Omelette / Frittata con Ricotta - Episode 510.