This budino (pudding) takes its inspiration from Sicily where ricotta cheese, oranges and almonds are staple products. The pudding can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots plus a few whole for garnish
- Zest of one orange
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Drain the ricotta cheese through cheesecloth for several hours or overnight, then place in a medium size bowl. Add the orange juice and whip until smooth. Stir in the apricots and orange zest. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream and sugar until the cream is stiff. Fold into the ricotta mixture. Divide and spoon the mixture into 4 goblets and garnish each with some of the slivered almonds.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2217.