Roast Pork /Arista!
This signature dish of Florence will delight your taste buds and go easy on the budget and amount of work required. Who could ask for more?
- 4 pound bone-in pork roast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 large sprigs fresh rosemary
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make some deep 1-inch slits all over the meat.
- Mince the garlic and the needles from two sprigs of the rosemary together and mix with the salt and pepper to make a paste. Push the paste into the slits of the meat. Place the remaining whole sprigs on top of the roast and tie it in place with string. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large roasting pan on top of the stove and when it is hot, brown the meat on all sides. Add the wine and allow most of it to evaporate.
- Tuck the potato chunks around the meat and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 400°F and continue roasting until a meat thermometer registers 165°F. Baste the meat occasionally with any pan juices.
- When cooked, allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes, loosely covered with aluminum foil before cutting into serving pieces. Serve with potatoes and any pan juices.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2112.