Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cheese and Almonds / Cavolini di Bruxelles Arrostiti
Brussels sprouts get a bad rap, mainly because there is much mystery as to what to do with these miniature members of the cabbage family. Grilling or roasting them brings out their sweetness and this effortless recipe will have you convinced in no time how versatile a vegetable they can be.
- 1/4 cup exta virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Pour the olive oil into a medium size baking dish. Stir in the salt and pepper. Toss the Brussels sprouts in the oil and bake them uncovered for about 20 minutes, turning them occasionally as they brown. They are cooked when a knife is easily inserted into the middle.
- Sprinkle the cheese and almonds over them and toss with a spoon. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1715.