Roasted Pineapple with Ricotta Cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon fiori di Sicilia extract or orange extract*
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped
- 4 slices cored fresh pineapple cutinch thick.
- Honey for drizzling
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Place the ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar, extract and a pinch of salt in a bowl and whip until smooth and the consistency of heavy whipped cream. Fold in the nuts and dates. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pineapple slices in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet and brush them with the honey. Roast them until lightly browned, brushing them with honey several times while they roast.
- When ready to serve, place a slice of pineapple on each of four dessert dishes.
- Fill a tipless pastry bag with the ricotta mixture and squeeze in center of the pineapple, mounding it slightly. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
- *Purchase this wonderful flavoring from our good friends at King Arthur Flour: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/fiori-di-sicilia-
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2305.
No comments on this recipe.