Roasted Vegetable Pizza
For those without a grill, this pizza still gives you the flavor of fresh summer vegetables. Consider roasting the veggies in an electric skillet to help keep your kitchen cool.
Makes 2 12 to 14-inch pizzas
- One recipe Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza
- 1 small eggplant cut intoinch thick rounds
- 1 small zucchini cut intoinch thick rounds
- 1 small yellow squash cut intoinch thick rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 1 cup Fontina cheese in bits
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each piece into a 12 to 14-inch round.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss all the vegetables in a bowl with the olive oil and place them on baking sheets in single layers. Roast until fork tender but not mushy. Cool slightly.
- Put each round of dough onto a greased baking sheet. Divide and arrange vegetables on top of the dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until crust begins to brown. Scatter the cheese on top and continue baking just until cheese melts.
- Slice and serve warm.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2126.
No comments on this recipe.