Savory Tart / Torto Saporoso
4 to 6 tart shells lined with store bought puff pastry
- 1 cup diced prosciutto
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups half/half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- grating of nutmeg
- Divide and sprinkle the prosciutto in the base of each tart shell. Sprinkle and divide the cheese over the prosciutto
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, parsley, half and half, salt and nutmeg together. Divide and pour the mixture over the tart shells. Place the tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425 F oven for 10-15 minutes or just until filling sets.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the bottom of the tart shell. Place on individual dishes and serve with red beet and orange salad.
No comments on this recipe.