Shrimp Amalfi Style / Gamberoni all'Amalfitani
Shrimp, as only the Amalfitani know how to prepare!
- 20 fresh large shrimp
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 anchovies in oil, chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes or one small fresh hot pepper
- 1 /2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Remove the heads and intestinal tract from the shrimp. Wash well.
- In a large pan add two tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic, and anchovies and cook until the anchovies dissolve in the oil.
- Squeeze the tomatoes into the pan and add the hot pepper and shrimp. Stir in the wine and cook covered on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. When cooked, add the shredded parsley and serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2008.
I’m not sure how the new website works in that this recipe is not shown on the episode page and yet it is identified with episode 2008. There isn’t a secondary listing under the Potato Gnocchi to allow you to find the other recipes shown on that program.
Now I’m going to try to find the Lemon Cake and the Eggplant Parm.
This recipe for Shrimp looks delicious and easy.