Shrimp and Cannellini Beans Antipasto
This refreshing shrimp and cannellini bean antipasto can also double as a light lunch or supper. It is perfect for steamy summer weather when turning the stove on would be unthinkable.
- 3/4 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one large lemon plus the zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 pounds cooked and shelled medium size shrimp (20 to 40 per pound )
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, but in half
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or spring onions
- 8 slices crusty bread, grilled or toasted
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, zest, salt, capers, parsley and celery salt in a bowl. Add the shrimp and toss well. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or prepare the day before and refrigerate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cannellini beans with the remaining olive oil, tomatoes and shallots or spring onions. Cover and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, combine the cannellini bean mixture with the shrimp and transfer to a shallow platter. Serve with slices of grilled bread.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2222.