Shrimp with Artichokes & Whole Wheat Pasta / Gamberetti con Carciofi e Pasta Integrale
SERVES 4 – 6
Where I live in New England, there is great access to fresh seafood so when sweet, native Maine shrimp are in season, this is one of my favorite uses for them.
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers in salt, rinsed and minced
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or to taste
- One 9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and cut in half.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked small shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced sundried tomatoes in oil
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound whole wheat penne or fusilli, cooked al dente
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium heat until it begins to shimmer. Stir in the onion, capers and pepper flakes. Cook until the onions soften. Stir in the artichokes, peas, oregano, and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and tomatoes and cook a couple of minutes just to heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the sauce with the pasta and serve.
No comments on this recipe.