Sicilian Pizza with Artichoke Hearts
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 recipe Quick Yeast Dough for Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup skinned and peeled plum tomatoes
- Grinding nutmeg
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded ricotta salata cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan; add the onion and sugar and cook until the onion softens. Add the tomatoes and nutmeg and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Roll the dough out to fit a 13 × 18-inch rimmed baking sheet. Brush the sheet with olive oil and spread the dough in the pan.
- Top with the tomato sauce. Arrange the artichoke pieces on top of the sauce. Sprinkle on the ricotta salata and pecorino cheese. Add salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil over the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes. The edges and bottom should be golden brown and crisp. Cut into squares.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2123.
No comments on this recipe.