Spinach with Cream / Spinaci alla Panna
Fresh spinach in the northern Italian style – butter, a touch of cream, and a dash of nutmeg – becomes a sophisticated contorno (vegetable side dish) when served with Chicken in Paper or Grilled Chicken.
- 2 10-ounce bags fresh spinach, stemmed, washed, and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Put the spinach in a large pot with just the water clinging to its leaves, cover, and cook until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well and squeeze dry.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the spinach, cream, nutmeg, and salt and stir well. Sprinkle on the cheese. Turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let sit for a few minutes, until the cheese melts. Serve immediately.
No comments on this recipe.