Steak Neapolitan Style / Bistecchine alla Napoletana
Quick, easy, and expensive, bistecchine alla Napoletana calls for thin slices of tender boneless beef or veal and is the perfect company dish when splurging is necessary.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped boiled ham or prosciutto di Parma
- 2 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced or 1 ounce dried porcini, rehydrated and chopped
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- Juice of one lemon
- 8 slices beef fillet (each weighingounces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in an ovenproof sauté pan. Cook the ham and mushrooms until the mushrooms have given off their liquid. Stir in the parsley and add salt and pepper.
- Salt and pepper the beef slices and arrange them in a single layer on top of the mushroom mixture.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the meat and sprinkle the lemon juice over them.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn the fillets and sprinkle them with the lemon juice; continue baking for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with some of the mushrooms and pan juices over each serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2022.