Straw and Hay / Paglia e Fieno
- 1 SPINACH PASTAlarge egg
- 2 tablespoons cooked and squeezed dry spinach
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch Salt
- Make doughs and keep separate.Cut into small pieces and thin in a pasta machine, then cut into fettucine.Set aside.PLAIN PASTAlarge eggs
- 1 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch SaltSAUCE2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1 cup light cream, heated
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- DIRECTIONSHeat butter in large skillet, add garlic and cook until soft. Stir in mushrooms and cook until softened. Remove to bowl and set aside. In same skillet brown the sausage, crumbling it with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. If the sausage is dry, add a little butter to the pan while cooking. Return the mushroom mixture to the skillet and mix the ingredients well. Keep warm.
- Cook the fettucine until al dente, drain it and add to the skillet with the sausage meat. Stir in the warmed cream and the cheese and mix the ingredients quickly over medium high heat to blend. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1416.
No comments on this recipe.