Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Piedmont Style/Caponet o Caponot Piemontese
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 medium head Savoy cabbage, washed and core removed
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces grated Grana Padano cheese
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound ground veal
- 4 ounces cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Separate the leaves of the Savoy cabbage, leave whole and boil them in salted water until they are wilted. Drain, cool and dry them on towels. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, cheese, pork, veal, rice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread the filling among the cabbage leaves then roll them up like an eggroll.
- Place them in an oiled baking pan. Drizzle the tops with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2410.
No comments on this recipe.