Stuffed Chicken Cutlets
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma or prosciutto di San Daniele
- 1 large clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary needles, slightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds toasted and pulverized
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding coarse black pepper
- 1 pound chicken cutlets cut 1/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- Mince the ham with the garlic and half of the rosemary. Transfer to a bowl and add the fennel seed and salt and pepper.
- Divide and spread the mixture on the cutlets; roll them up and tie with string.
- In an ovenproof sauté pan heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and stir in the remaining rosemary and cook over medium low heat for one minute. Add the chicken and brown them well, adding more oil if needed.
- Turn up the heat, pour in the wine and allow some of it to evaporate. Lower the heat, cover the pan and continue cooking until an instant read thermometer registers 165°F when inserted into the center of the chicken roll.
- Remove the string and cut each roll into 1/2-inch thick slices, arrange on a platter and pour the pan juices over the top.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2220.
No comments on this recipe.