Stuffed Guinea Fowl
Serves 10 to 14
- 1 oven ready cleaned guinea fowl (about 4 pounds in weight)
- 2-3 Italian pork sausages in their casings
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves only
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons juniper berries, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the guinea fowl well.
- Remove the casings from the sausages and place the meat in a food processor with the rosemary and garlic. Process to combine the ingredients then transfer to a bowl and stir in the juniper berries and salt and pepper.
- Stuff half the mixture into the cavity of the guinea fowl and tie the legs together with string. Brush the bird all over with the olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the bird in a roasting pan and scatter the remaining sausage mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add the wine and continue baking until the internal temperature registers 165°F and the skin is crackling brown.
- Allow the bird to rest, tented loosely with foil, for 10 minutes. Carve and serve with some of the pan juices and garnish each plate with a wedge of lemon.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2212.
No comments on this recipe.