Stuffed Red Pepper Boats
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 pound Daniele Genoa salame, diced
- 14 imported black oil cured olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise into quarters and remove the seeds and white membranes. Arrange the quarters skin side down in the prepared dish.
- In a food processor, add the salame, olives, and thyme. Pulse to create a paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Stir in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the paste evently in the pepper quarters.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1821.
I’m vegetarian, what would you suggest stuffing these peppers with in place of the salame? I was thinking mushrooms and eggplant.