Stuffed Veal Breast
Serves 18 to 24
- 8-pound veal breast; have butcher cut a pocket at one end.
- 1 pound ricotta
- 2 oreggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 pieces of sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/4 cup pignoli nuts
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 2 eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add prosciutto, white raisins, and pignoli nuts and mix well. If the mixture seems dry, add another egg; the mixture should be soft but not mushy.
- Stuff into pocket, spreading evenly.
- Close pocket with turkey trusses.
- Place veal in a baking pan and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Cover with foil when top begins to brown.
- Let the roast stand for 20 to 30 minutes before carving. Slice into serving-size pieces and arrange on a platter.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2221.