Stuffed Veal Breast
Serves 18 to 24
- 8-pound veal breast; have butcher cut a pocket at one end.
- 1 pound ricotta
- 2 oreggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 pieces of sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/4 cup pignoli nuts
- Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 2 eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add prosciutto, white raisins, and pignoli nuts and mix well. If the mixture seems dry, add another egg; the mixture should be soft but not mushy.
- Stuff into pocket, spreading evenly.
- Close pocket with turkey trusses.
- Place veal in a baking pan and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Cover with foil when top begins to brown.
- Let the roast stand for 20 to 30 minutes before carving. Slice into serving-size pieces and arrange on a platter.
This recipe was featured on Season 22 - Episode 2221.
Here’s a link to those recipes, Vincent:
I love watching this show every week. I was disappointed that you did not print the recipe for the ricotta gnocchi, and the recipe for the dish with the broccoli rabe, and beans in this episode.
Thank you for your time,