Stuffed Zucchini/Zucchini Ripieni
- Two medium, plump size zucchini cut lengthwise in half
- 1/4 pound prosciutto di Parma, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 celery stick, minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a spoon remove the pulp from the zucchini halves, leaving a 1/4 inch shell. Mince the pulp and place in bowl.
- Place the zucchini shells in an oiled baking dish and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the prosciutto onion, celery and carrot and cook until softened. Stir in the zucchini pulp and continue cooking until the mixture looks dry. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the parsley, egg, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Fill the zucchini shells with the mixture. Drizzle the remaining butter evenly over the tops.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 5 minutes longer.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2424.