Swordfish Sicilian Style
- 6 Fourounce swordfish steaks cutinch thick
- Salt and pepper
- Flour to coat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green Sicilian olives
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup currants or 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven 400F
- Sprinkle the swordfish with salt and pepper then dredge each piece in flour, coating the pieces on both sides. Set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the fish in single layer. Brown over medium high heat about 3 minutes on each side; then remove from pan and place them in a lightly oiled baking pan in a single layer.
- In same pan add additional olive oil if pan is dry. Salute the celery, tomatoes, onion and garlic together until the mixture softens. Stir in the currants and capers. Spread mixture evenly over the fish.
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes; do not overcook; fish should flake easily when cooked.
- Serves 4
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2502.