Thin Almond Macaroons / Amaretti Fini
Deliciously crisp, these amaretti cookies are a snap to make.
Makes about 3 Dozen
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, finely ground
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 drop almond oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine almonds, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl; stir to blend.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whites until soft peaks form. Fold the whites into the almond and sugar mixture. Spoon batter onto baking sheet or use a tipless pastry bag and pipe out batter about the size of an apricot.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer the parchment with the cookies to a cooling rack and allow the cookies to firm up. Use a sharp knife to lift cookies from the parchment to the cooling rack.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1809.