Tuna and Chickpea Salad
- 6 Twoounce cans tuna in olive oil (Marinelli brand is good)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced fennel or celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed well, dried and minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Place the tuna in a bowl and flake it with a fork. Add the artichoke hears, chickpeas, fennel, onion capers, parsley.
- Put the artichokes in a small saucepan, add 1/2 cup of cold water and bring them to a boil.
- Cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop them. Add them to the bowl with the tuna.
- Stir in the chickpeas, fennel or celery, onion, capers, and parsley.
- Toss the ingredients well.
- Pour the olive oil over the ingredients and toss.
- Sprinkle the vinegar over the salad and toss again. Add additional salt if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1821.
No comments on this recipe.