Tuscan Herb Rub / Erbe Toscane
- INGREDIENTS2 cups rosemary needles
- 1 cup sage leaves
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (Diamond Kosher is best)
- DIRECTIONSMake a pile of the rosemary, sage, garlic and salt on a cutting board. Use a chef's knife or a mezzaluna (rocking knife) and mince the ingredients. Spread the mixture on the cutting board or on paper towels and allow it to dry overnight.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Use it to rub on pork roasts, chicken, mix it into sautéing vegetables and soups. It makes a great little culinary gift, too.
- Vary the herbs and add herbs like thyme, lemon zest, fennel seeds, or fennel pollen.
This recipe was featured on Season 13 - Episode 1309.
No comments on this recipe.