Tutti Frutti Scones
- Mix together in a bowl:
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter in bits
- Add to the flour mixture:
- 1/ 4 cup golden raisins or currants
- ½ cup dried apricots, cranberries, strawberries or blueberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans or almonds
- 1-1/4 cup heavy cream For brushing on top
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse white sugar
- Use a fork to mix in 1- ¼ cups of heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Mix just until the mixture comes together into a sticky ball of dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the dough to the baking sheet.
- Pat the dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Brush the top with the butter then sprinkle evenly with coarse white sugar.
- With a knife score the top to create 8 equal wedges
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Separate the wedges and serve warm with jam or butter.
This recipe was featured on Season Pronto! - Tutti Frutti Scones.
No comments on this recipe.