Veal Cutlet Stuffed with Artichokes/Cotolletta di Vitello con Carciofi
- 4 whole artichokes, stemmed and tough outer leaves removed. Top trimmedinch and hairy choke removed.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 veal cutlets each weighing approximatelyounces
- 4 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 clove garlic, cut into 4 slices
- 3 whole sage leaves, minced
- 1 large sprig parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place artichokes in pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer ( I often use a potato to wedge in the pot to hold them in place.) Add the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook until you can easily remove one of the outer leaves, drain and cool. Remove leaves down to heart. Set leaves aside.
- Pound veal slices to an even thickness. Salt and pepper them on both sides. Lay the pieces flat and top each one with a slice of ham, a garlic slice and a little of the sage and parsley. Place an artichoke heart at one end of the meat and roll and wrap the meat around the artichoke heart. Tie each one with kitchen string.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan and brown the bundles evenly on all sides. Add the wine and reserved leaves and cook a few minutes to create a sauce. Add lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with strings removed.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2424.
No comments on this recipe.