Vegetable Casserole / Tortiere di Verdure al Forno
- INGREDIENTS2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thin slices (Russet)
- 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- DIRECTIONSPreheat oven to 375F
- Spread the olive oil in a 9 x 12-inch casserole dish. Starting with the potatoes, make alternating layers of potatoes, onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle each layer with cheese, oregano and salt.
- Pour the wine carefully into the dish at one edge. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover the dish and continue baking until the top is nicely browned.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1601.
No comments on this recipe.