Whole Wheat Pizza with Olives
Using pizza crust yeast eliminates the need to let dough rise; it goes straight from formation into a preheated oven. From a basic master dough, pizza is just the beginning of what form the dough may take. Use it to make calzones, breadsticks, pizza rustica and breadsticks.
Makes two 14 inch pizzas or one fourteen inch pizza and 4 calzones
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package pizza crust yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (115°-120°F)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack.
- Line 2 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the flours, salt and yeast in a bowl. Add the water, honey or sugar and olive oil. Combine to make a smooth ball of dough. Divide the dough in half.
- Spread one half of the dough with your hands into a 14-inch round and place it on the parchment paper. Each of the following toppings will make 1 12-14-inch pizza.
- Provolone, Rosemary and Olive Pizza Topping
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary needles
- 1/2 pound sharp provolone cheese, cut into pieces
- 8 oil-cured green olives, pitted and cut into small pieces
- Grinding black pepper
- Brush the dough with the olive oil and press the rosemary needles into the crust. Sprinkle the cheese and the olives over the top.
- Grind coarse black pepper over the top according to taste.
- When the oven is ready, slide the pizza with the parchment paper from the baking sheet onto the stone. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottom crust is nicely browned. Transfer the pizza to a cooling rack. Serve warm.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2114.
I love your show, but sometimes the recipes online are different that what is said on the show. Like this Whole Wheat Pizza recipe. On TV you said 2 cups Whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 c white Whole wheat flour. It is the opposite in the recipe. On TV you said 110 to 115 degrees on the water temperature. You said when you baked the pizza you turned the temp down to 450 or 425 and it would bake in 10 minutes. The recipe doesn’t say to turn down the temp and it says 12 to 15 minutes. I really wish someone would check the recipe before putting them on the website. All the things I mentioned can make a big difference in the finished product.
So, could someone tell me the right recipe is.
Love all your shows . I’m tryin your whole wheat pizzas and calzones.