Whole Wheat Quick Yeast Dough
Makes two 12-14-inch diameter pizze
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached King Arthur flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package pizza crust yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (115°F to 120°F)
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- If using a pizza pan or baking sheet, preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Combine the flours, salt and yeast in a bowl. Add the water, honey or sugar and olive oil. Combine to make a smooth ball of dough. Place 1 cup of flour in a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the yeast, water, salt, honey and olive oil and mix until blended. Add remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead it with your hands for a couple of minutes. Use a bench knife to divide the dough in half.
- Just before putting the pizza in to bake, reduce the oven temperature to 375°F.
- Work with half of the dough at a time according to individual recipe requirements.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2114.