Plumcake with Apricot Yogurt
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup apricot yogurt at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbs baking powder
- Next step Plum Sauce:
- 2 cups (about 10 plums) peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice one lemon
- Butter and flour a 12 x 4 x 2- inch loaf or similar pan and set aside
- In a large bowl, whip together the eggs, sugar, yogurt and oil until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder. Blend the flour mixture into the egg mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Scrape the batter into pan and bake about 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make the Plum Sauce:
- Place the plums, sugar, and salt in a 1 quart sauce pan. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until the mixture thickens into a sauce
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Serve over plumcake
This recipe was featured on Season 30 - Episode 3005.