ZLT (Zucchini, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich) / Panino di Zucchine, Lattuga e Pomodoro
- 1 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Grinding black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium size zucchini, cut lengthwise into eight 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut intoslices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into rounds
- Combine the arugola, garlic, and sea salt in a food processor and pulse quickly two or three times. Slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube with the motor running until a paste consistency is formed. You may not need all the olive oil. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and stir in the pepper.
- Make 4 sandwiches by spreading a little of the pesto on one zucchini slice. Top with a lettuce leaf, 2 slices of tomato and two or three cucumber slices. Spread another zucchini slice with pesto and place it on top of the cucumbers. Cut in half widthwise and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1619.
No comments on this recipe.