Zucchini, Prosciutto and Asiago Panini
MAKES 1 SANDWICH
In Italy at lunchtime it is very popular to have crusty grilled sandwiches, panini alla griglia. Be sure to use good, country-style bread with a coarse crumb and the best fillers you can find. It also helps to have a panini maker, but if not, use a non-stick skillet and be sure to season the pan well with olive oil or butter so the bread will toast evenly and not burn. As the sandwich browns, use a spatula to press on it to help maintain contact with the pan.
- 2 slices country white or sourdough-type bread
- Drizzle of Filippo Berio olive oil
- 2 thin slices Prosciutto crudo
- 1/3 cup shredded young Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- Drizzle the olive oil over one slice of bread and layer the prosciutto over it. Sprinkle the cheese over the prosciutto and then the zucchini. Top with the second slice of bread and grill in a panini maker.
- If making in a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick sautÃƒ© pan; when it begins to sizzle, add the sandwich and weigh it down with a grill press or cast-iron pan. When brown on the bottom, turn it over and brown the other side.
- The recipe is featured on show 1723, Grilled Sandwiches Ã¢‚¬ Panini Assortiti alla Griglia.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1723.
No comments on this recipe.