Zucchini & Summer Squash Rolls / Involtini di Zucchine e Zucca
Presentation is just as important as preparation. Try layering thin, grilled slices of zucchini and summer squash together with a refreshing ricotta filling.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Zest oflarge lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely minced thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 medium zucchini at least eight inches long
- 2 medium yellow summer squash at least eight inches long
- Olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch mint
- Beat the ricotta cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.Stir in the lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and walnuts and set aside.
- Preheat an indoor or outdoor grill.
- Trim the zucchini and squash ends. Slice each into 4 lenghtwise strips 1/4-inch thick and place them on a baking sheet. Spray the slices on both sides and place them in a single layer on the grill. Grill on both sides until the strips are soft but not mushy. Transfer them to a baking sheet and keep warm.
- Top a summer squash strip with zucchini strip; trim edges so they are even if necessary. Divide and spread a thin layer of the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the zucchini strips. Start at one end and roll each up like a jellyroll. Make 7 more.
- Place two rolls on each of 4 plates.
- Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan and pour a little over each plate. Serve warm.
- Note: If you do not have a grill, place the strips on a baking sheet, lightly sprayed with oil, and bake them in a preheated 350F oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until they soften. Then proceed with the recipe.
- program 1721
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1505.
No comments on this recipe.