Apple Cake / Torta di Mele
SERVES 6 TO 8
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups King Arthur™ Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer and combine the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, oil, eggs, orange liqueur, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Pour one third of the batter in the prepared pan and place a layer of half the apple slices over the batter. Pour another layer of batter and another layer of apples. Finish with a layer of batter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a cake skewer comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Cake may be sprinkled with confectioner’s sugar.
- Note: This cake can also be make in a 4-inch deep, 8-inch round pan with a removable bottom.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2122.
No comments on this recipe.