Asparagus and Prosciutto / Asparagi e Prosciutto
Asparagus is the obvious choice of vegetable for an Easter or springtime buffet. Look for stalks with tightly closed tips. In this quickly made dish, asparagus spears are combined with crisp pieces of fried prosciutto and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2 pounds asparagus, stalks trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Filippo Berio Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese for sprinkling
- Make a slash in the bottom of each asparagus stalk.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the salt. Add the asparagus and cook, uncovered, until a knife is easily inserted in the stalk. Carefully drain the asparagus.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the prosciutto and fry until it begins to crisp. Add the asparagus and heat through. Carefully transfer the asparagus and prosciutto to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 14 - Episode 1409.
No comments on this recipe.