Blackberries make an artistic statement in this salad, not only for its pretty look but also for its delivery of texture and taste from cool, to crunchy, and slightly sweet.
- 3 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh minced mint
- 4 cups freshly torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup pearl mozzarella balls, drained
- 1/2 cup candied walnut halves
- For the dressing: In a jar, add the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and mint. Cap and shake the jar until the dressing is emulsified. Set aside
- For the salad Toss together the salad greens, blackberries, scallions, mozzarella balls and walnuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss.