Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Not a traditional Italian salad, but one that is a nice diversion from the expected fare.
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, minced
- 1 teaspoon Filippo Berio olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup shredded radicchio leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (Optional)
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Crisp the prosciutto in a small frying pan in the olive oil. Drain the pieces and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets in boiling water for two minutes; drain and place in salad bowl. Let cool, then add remainder of the ingredients.
- Whisk the salad dressing together in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss well. Crumple up the cooled prosciutto and sprinkle it over the top and serve.
- Note: You may substitute pancetta for the prosciutto, if desired.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1710.
No comments on this recipe.