Carrot, Potato & Tomato Salad with Ricotta Cheese / Insalata di Carrote, Patate e Pomodori
SERVES 6 TO 8
- 2 pounds baby carrots, trimmed
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced mint
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding of black pepper
- 3 red skin potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup ricotta salata, cubed
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves on their stems
- Cover the carrots with water in a sauté pan and cook just until a knife is easily inserted in the thickest part of the carrot. Drain them and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process; set aside to cool. Slice the carrots lengthwise in half and place them in a glass baking dish big enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Mix the 1/3 cup olive oil, vinegar, mint, salt and pepper together and pour the mixture over the carrots. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate at room temperature for several hours.
- Combine the potatoes and the remaining olive oil in a bowl.
- Combine the tomatoes with the sugar in a small bowl.
- To serve the salad, prepare a round platter with a rim. Line the perimeter of the platter with the carrot slices. Fill in the center, overlapping and alternating the potatoes with the tomatoes. Pour the marinade from the carrots over the salad. Sprinkle the cheese over the salad and place the basil as garnish in the center of the platter.
No comments on this recipe.