Carrots in Vermouth / Carote al Vermouth
Here is a great way to dress up ordinary carrots with new flavor – use vermouth!
- 6 large carrots peeled, quartered and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2/3 cup inexpensive white vermouth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Put the carrots in a pot with the butter, salt, and sugar. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add the vermouth and a couple tablespoons water.
- Cover the pot and stew the carrots until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook a few minutes more, stirring often until the carrots are glazed looking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle on the parsley.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2009.