Celery and Mushroom Salad
One of my favorite things to do in Italy is forage for mushrooms with the locals who know where the best are lurking. And even though I cannot get the same mushrooms at home, delicate types like oyster mushrooms are perfect for this popular celery and mushroom salad.
- 4 celery ribs, sliced paper-thin
- 1/2 pound oyster mushroom, stems trimmed,
- thinly sliced
- 1 Juice oflarge lemon or lime
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Asiago cheese, shaved
- Gently toss the celery and mushrooms in a bowl; add the lemon juice and olive oil. Toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the salad to a platter, and sprinkle the shavings of cheese over the top.
- Serve at room temperature.
No comments on this recipe.