Celery and Tuma Cheese Salad / Insalata di Sedano e Tuma
From the Piedmont region in the northwest corner of Italy comes this simple yet delicious celery salad mixed with hazelnuts for which this region is known and tuma d’Trausela cheese, a fresh curd made from raw cow’s milk and produced in the Chiusella Valley near Turin. The texture is very soft and tender and the taste is sweet. Substitute a fresh mozzarella or a salted ricotta cheese, which is also delicious.
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch crosswise slices
- 1/2 pound tuma, fresh mozzarella, or ricotta salata cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Radicchio leaves for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl; toss gently and serve on a bed of radicchio leaves for color.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1710.
No comments on this recipe.